Motorcycle Rental Insurance
|Damage / Theft / Vandalism||Full||Full||Renter responsible for all damage and liability|
|3rd Party Liability||$15 / $30 / $5||$15 / $30 / $5|
|Roadside Assistance / Tire Puncture Coverage||optional||included||optional|
|Supplemental Liability Coverage( $300,000 Combined Liability)||optional||optional||Not Available|
|Cost/day (plus one time $3 set-up)||$15.00||$30.66|
|See below for details|
Insurance – WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT!! But unfortunately, it’s required.
When you rent a motorcycle from California Motorcycle Adventures you must provide motorcycle renter’s insurance. We have several insurance options available, and we can make this very easy for you, by adding you on to our motorcycle rental policy, for as low as $15 per day (plus a $3 one-time set-up fee) we will provide “Basic” insurance.“Basic” insurance, very simplified and in plain English, includes:
- State Required Liability Coverage –this coverage is in case you cause an accident and either injure someone or damage their property.
- Comprehensive Coverage, with a $1,000 deductible covers you in case the motorcycle is stolen or vandalized.
- Collision Coverage, with a $1,000 deductible on the damages to the rental motorcycle only, covers you if you have or cause an accident. There could be additional expenses, such as towing or impound, that are not covered by this insurance
- $500 Medical Payments for you if hurt in an accident.
- $2000 Security deposit required
If the unthinkable happens, and you do have an accident, typically we will submit a whole bunch of paperwork to our insurance company, to your insurance company and, if anyone else was involved, to their insurance company; then we will let all the insurance companies figure it out.
NOW FOR THE DISCLAIMER: We’re bikers, not insurance people!! This is the very simplified version, and like any insurance there is a 100-page policy written in legalize. If you really want the details, please contact us and we will be very happy to put you in touch with the experts.
We’re not done with the insurance yet, there’s more….
NEW starting January 2014 Deluxe Package
“Deluxe Package” Zero $$ deductible – By popular demand, we have added this new package. Includes:
- Basic Insurance with a Zero dollar deductible, if the motorcycle is damaged due to an accident, stolen, or vandalized. (see Basic Insurance above)
- Roadside Assistance and Tire Puncture coverage. This is our most popular optional coverage. (see below for details)
- Lower Security deposit, only $1000.
Other Optional Coverage
You may add on Supplemental Liability Insurance for $6.95 per day. This increases the liability coverage from the state required amount to a maximum of $ 300,000.
NOW FOR ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: We’re bikers, not insurance people!! This is the very simplified version, and like any insurance there is a 100-page policy written in legalize. If you really want the details, please contact us and we will be very happy to put you in touch with the experts.
No, we’re still not done, there’s one more…
The last one is called Roadside Assistance and Tire Puncture.
We want you to enjoy your vacation with the least amount of headaches. However, we understand things may happen! You will leave the lights on and come back to find you have a dead battery, or you may run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere, and of course there’s the dreaded construction truck dropping nails in the road! With the optional Roadside Assistance, we will take care of these problems for you. This includes:
- Replace your flat tire (tubeless tires are ALWAYS replaced) due to puncture only, including towing costs – your cost $0.00 for repair/replacement and towing!
- Deliver fuel to you if you ran out of gas (you will need to pay for the gas)
- Give your motorcycle a jump start if you left the lights on.
- $75 / day (maximum) reimbursement, along with refund of the down time, to rent another vehicle in case of a mechanical breakdown, or if the rental motorcycle is unsafe to operate through no fault of your own. The reimbursement kicks in if we cannot get the motorcycle repaired or replaced within 12 hours, and continues until your rented motorcycle is either fixed or replaced. (Sorry, flat tires are not considered to be a mechanical breakdown.)
- And we give you all of this for only $8.66 per day!
Please note – this is not a Collision Damage Waiver.
Can I use my own personal insurance to cover me on a rental motorcycle?
Yes, you can, but most people find it is either too much trouble or too expensive to do. Our basic insurance is only $15/day and your insurance company may charge you to provide the required certificates.
- Full Coverage for the motorcycle, including:
- Liability Coverage – we recommend minimum $300,000
- Collision for the full replacement value of the motorcycle
- Comprehensive for the full replacement value of the motorcycle
- Verification required prior to rental. You must provide a certificate from YOUR insurance company (either on an Accord form or THEIR letterhead):
- Stating that your insurance will cover you and us on your rental motorcycle.
- Showing the limits of the policy and that you have full coverage.
- These certificates must be sent directly to us from your insurance company either via fax or email.
- $3000 Security deposit required.
We recommend these certificates be provided to us at least 3 business days prior to your rental date. Please do not hand carry these to us on the day of your rental, we may need to contact your insurance company to clarify any questions. We are NOT experts on insurance, we are bikers, and we do this only as a courtesy. Ultimately it is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are adequately protected!!
If you provide your own insurance, you are fully responsible for any losses or damage.
Now that we are all experts on insurance….YUCK!